email@example.com or Whatsapp 010-8808652.
Collection of Your Personal Information
HM HOME MART and/or our third-party service providers may collect your personal information directly from you; when you register as a member of the Website; where you access and interact with the Website; or from other sources. The information collected may include personal identifiable information such as:
- Personal Information - Information that would allow us to contact you personally such as your name, residential/ shipping address, phone number or e-mail address, occupation. In some cases, this may include information you give us about someone else (e.g. name, contact number, e-mail Address, residential/ shipping address of friends and family).
- Account Login Information – Such as but not limited to username, passwords, security questions, account’s purchase history.
- Demographic Information – Demographical data such as Location, Region, Country, County and Zip Code.
- Technical Computer Information – Such as IP (Internet Protocol) address, type of operating system, device information, web browser type.
- Website Usage Information – Information about how you use, navigate and interact with our website, mobile application, online advertisements including but not limited to the links you clicked, the pages you viewed, durations you spent on a webpage, and other similar information and/or statistics such as date and time of visit, which site you came from, favourite site activities.
- Consumer feedback – Feedback, comment and review you provide on our website or third party channel like Google, Facebook.
- Consumer generated content – This includes information that you create and voluntarily share with us (and perhaps others) by uploading it to one of our websites or applications, including on our social network sites such as but not limited to Facebook.
- Social network information – This includes information that is part of your profile on a third-party social network (such as but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and that you allow the third-party social network to share with us.
- Payment information – Such as credit card details, billing address (for example when you buy a product online on our official website).
- Sensitive personal information – This includes information about your physical or mental health, medical condition, ethnicity, religious beliefs which was gathered with your explicit consent at the point of collection.
- Other information – Such as information that you voluntarily shared to participate in our giveaway contest, event, campaign.
- HM HOME MART website – https://www.hmhomemart.com/ ;
- HM HOME MART official account on social media such as Facebook
- HM HOME MART mobile sites and applications;
- HM HOME MART text messaging programs;
- Registration forms which we may collect from customer (“you”), whether online or offline, including by post, during in-store demonstrations, or other in-person events or contests;
- Any of HM HOME MART’s contests, events or campaigns;
- Call centres;
- Authorised Third Parties; and
- Other sources (e.g. third-party data aggregators).
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We shall not share or disclose your information with any organisations other than related third parties assigned by HM HOME MART who are involved in providing the necessary service. By using our websites and application you acknowledge and consent that, by providing your personal information to us, we may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected or for a related or ancillary purpose such as:
- To deliver the goods you have purchased from our store or e-commerce;
- To carry out or respond to your request(s);
- To send you present or future promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- To provide information which you have requested from us, including information about our goods and services or information we think you might find useful.
- To seek your feedback in relation to customer satisfaction and our relationship with you;
- To monitor or improve the quality and standard of services provided to you by us;
- To better understand your preferences;
- To the Licensor and our related companies for internal accounting and administration;
- To various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies to protect against fraud and for related security purposes;
- To our third-party service providers to assist us in providing and improving our services to you, and to analyse and better understand our customer’s needs or to develop, improve and market our products and services to you;
- To our third-party service providers to include in a database compiled by us or our third-party service provider for use in direct marketing of promotions, product and services we think may interest you; and
- For regulatory reporting and compliance with our legal obligations.
- Further, we will use the information you provide to administer your account with us; verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online; audit the downloading of data from our website; improve the layout and/or content of the pages of our website and customise them for users; identify visitors on our website; carry out research on our users’ demographics; send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services, provided you have indicated that you have not objected to being contacted for these purposes.
Your personal data shall also be disclosed to individuals, service providers and organisations associated with us and any other selected third-party service providers/parties (within or outside Malaysia) that may assist us with research, mail and delivery, security, professional advisory, banking, payment processing or technology services and all the purposes stated above. Where we engage third party service providers to perform services for us those third parties may be required to handle your personal information. Under these circumstances those third parties must safeguard this information and must only use it for the purposes for which it was supplied, although we are not responsible for ensuring the confidentiality.
We shall also disclose your personal data to any other party to whom such disclosure is required by law or regulatory requirement or pursuant to a Court order.
If we are merged or acquired by another entity, the personal data may be transferred to such entity as a part of the merger or acquisition. Other than the above, we shall not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life.
Cookies & Other Technologies
HM HOME MART's websites, applications, email messages and advertisements may use “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel code, google tag and web beacons. We use these technologies to provide tailored browsing experience, understand user behaviour, inform us which part of our website people have visited, facilitate and measure the effectiveness of advertisement and web searches. Data collected by cookies and other technologies is treated as non-personal information.
You may choose to disable the cookie in the browser setting. Doing so may result in a less optimal user experience on the site.
Data Accuracy and Access to Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. In order to achieve this, kindly provide us with the correct information with proper documentation and inform us if your details have changed. You may update your details at any time by contacting us. However, in certain circumstances as permitted by law, we will not disclose certain information to you. For example, we may not disclose information relating to you if other individuals are referenced or if there are legal, security or commercial proprietary restrictions.
One Living ensures that all information collected will be safely and securely stored. We protect your personal information by:
- Restricting access to personal information.
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access.
- Securely destroy your personal information when it’s no longer needed for our record retention purposes.
By sharing your personal information, you are giving us consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information under the terms of this policy and any relevant privacy and data protection laws in Malaysia. Sharing your Personal Information is always your choice. However, your decision not to provide certain information may limit our ability to provide you with our products or services. You consent for your personal information to be included in a database for use in direct marketing by us and our related entities or our third-party contractors. If you do not wish to receive marketing material from us, you may opt-out or unsubscribe. All emails, SMS and newsletters from this Website allow you to opt-out of further mailings by clicking on the link or responding “unsubscribe”.
Personal Information shall only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it was collected unless you have otherwise consented, or when it is required or permitted by law. We shall keep any personal information you give us as long as there is a reason to do so, for instance to satisfy the law or regulations, or to protect our interests. If not, then we will destroy it by purging it from our electronic, manual, and other filing systems according to our internal procedures and schedules.
Transmission of Your Data
While step is taken to protect your personal information on the Website, no data transmission over the Internet is guaranteed as 100% secure and you understand the risk that the information or the message you send to the site may be read or intercepted by others, even if there is a special notice that a particular transmission (such as credit card information) is encrypted.
Complaints about Breaches of Privacy
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we handle your enquiry or complaint, please do not hesitate to contact us at email firstname.lastname@example.org or